FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What do I need to know about traveling to Peru?
- First, make sure you have a passport! A valid passport that doesn't expire within 6 months is required for international travel.
- Don’t be nervous! You’ll have a built-in yoga family for support, and our team is on standby to help you (Allie, Jess and Chelsea will be there!).
- Be open! Let go of any retreat expectations, and embrace this transformative journey.
- Research the COVID travel restrictions and requirements for your country of residence (more on this below).
What airport do I fly into?
- You've got two options! Either fly into Lima (LIM), stay the night, then depart for Cusco the next day (our recommended option), or fly directly into Cusco(CUZ).
- There are domestic RT flights from LIM to CUZ several times during the day. If you land in Lima the night prior, we will do our best to coordinate all of us in the same hotel & on the same flights going and returning.
- Samadhi is located approx 1.5 hours from the Cusco airport, and we’ll travel together to & from the retreat center.
What if I need to fly in early or stay a day late?
- If you need to arrive the night before and/or stay an additional night, we'll be selecting a centrally located & affordable hotel for our group to stay at.
- Hotel stays are not included in the price of the retreat.
- If you’re interested in splitting the cost & rooming with others, we’ll do our best to help you coordinate with other retreat members.
When does the shuttle depart?
- On retreat check in day, January 14th, the shuttle departs CUZ Airport at 3 PM (the latest) for the retreat center. We'll have 2 shuttles scheduled based on everyone's arrival time.
- On departure day, January 20th, the shuttle departs at 10:30 AM, arriving at the Cusco airport at approx 12 PM.
Is the $500 deposit really non-refundable?
- Yes, it’s non-refundable and non-transferable to other retreats with one caveat. If the retreat sells out and we’re able to fill your spot, then and only then will we refund your deposit. There is no guarantee this will happen, but we do our best to be as fair as possible.
What’s the cancellation policy?
- If cancellation takes place more than 90 days prior to your departure date, any payments made will be refunded minus your deposit.
- If cancellation takes place 30 - 90 days prior to your departure, 50% of the trip price will be refunded, minus your deposit.
- If cancellation takes place less than 30 days prior to your departure date, 100% of the trip price will be forfeited.
Do you offer payment plans?
- Yes! You can pay in full, or choose a two or three month payment plan. Once your deposit is confirmed, we'll be in touch for you to choose which payment plan is right for you.
What’s the COVID-19 policy?
Per the U.S. Embassy in Peru website, all foreigners must present proof of being fully vaccinated 14 days prior to boarding at their point of origin. Those who are not fully vaccinated must present a molecular test with a negative result (within 48 hours) prior to boarding an incoming flight to Peru.
- K95 masks are required indoors throughout the country. If you do not have a KN95, double masking is mandatory, with one mask needing to be a surgical mask.
- Allie Van Fossen, the AVF team and Samadhi will not be held responsible for delays or cancellation of your travel plans if you fail to meet the travel requirements to enter or leave Peru. No refunds will be given.
- Onsite at Samadhi, masks will be optional, not required. Each person can choose what feels best for them.
How does room sharing work?
- We’ll send a “get to know you” form with basic questions to help us organize the roommate matching process. If you have someone specific you want to room with, you’ll let us know via this form.
What basic necessities are provided?
- Linens, towels, blankets, shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel are provided.
What else do I need to bring?
- We’ll send a packing guide 60-90 days before the retreat begins, giving you ample time to purchase and gather all the yoga retreat things.
Are you able to accommodate dietary restrictions?
- Prior to arrival, all guests will indicate any food allergies and dietary restrictions so the Samadhi kitchen may accommodate.
What is Wi-Fi & cell service like?
- You will need to add an international option to your plan if having consistent connection is something you want or need.
- Wi-fi is provided at the main house and free.
- We recommend using this time to disconnect from the internet!
I’m a beginner, does this matter?
- Nope! We’re here to meet you where you’re at, all we ask is that you do your best (which may be resting in a child's pose!). Allie will offer several pose variations during classes, props will be available, and additional yoga teachers/team members will be there to support you.
I want to say yes, but I’m afraid!
- Saying yes to an in-person yoga retreat is like casting a vote for the person you want to be! It’s saying yes to travel, adventure, risk, new friendships, new experiences and holistic (body, mind, soul) healing. We believe in your fear, and we know that after the opening ceremony and our first shared meal, you’ll settle right in and feel at home!
Who do I reach out to for support?
While the Samadhi team will be caring for us as the date nears and during our time together, we (the AVF team) are your go-to contacts for all things retreat related. Please don’t hesitate to connect, no question is too small to be asked. You can reach us at - [email protected]